Random Outlaw

A blog about the randomness of life... and I am an outlaw.

Wednesday, March 16

Nothing To See Here

I mean that quite literally. We have spent the last five days staring at the walls of my brother-in-law's house. On four of those days we actually got to the park. That's it as far as entertainment. We spent yesterday at yet another BIL's house. That was actually fun. The rest of the time has been a wash.

It's so much fun dealing with a jet-lagged, teething, bored almost 2-year-old. It's even more fun dealing with the inane questions of various family members. Why is he crying? He's tired. Why doesn't he want to eat? His teeth hurt. Why is he tired? Gee, I don't know, because it's 6 AM in Dallas right now? Really, that makes you tired? Yes.

The family refuses to give him any personal space whatsoever. I think they think he's a toy rather than a human being. Within two seconds of waking up, he has people demanding that he come out and play. No time to wake up fully, no time to get changed and ready for the day, just up and at 'em. Why is he crying? He just woke up. Why won't he let me hold him? He's just waking up. LET HIM WAKE UP FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

I spend my days chasing him around or lugging him around depending on what kind of mood he's in. This house is not baby-proofed, and I find myself going NO, NO, NO, NO, NO all day long. Is it any wonder that he and I are both a little bit edgy?

There is nothing to do. Nothing. I only brought five books with me, but it hasn't been an issue because all I do is watch the baby. Happy vacation to me.

Argh.

I hope things pick up or it's going to be a long two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home