Random Outlaw

A blog about the randomness of life... and I am an outlaw.

Friday, February 25

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, the Moosh and I spent about 4 hours yesterday driving around Dallas doing errands. We picked up the tickets for our trip to Iran, and we hit the World Food Market (not the chain store World Market) to pick up delicious Iranian food for the husband.

We left the house around 10:30 AM, and we had to take the back roads because the interstate was shut down for some reason. I was glad that I called ahead to the travel agency because they were the ones who gave me the heads up about the highway. Unfortunately, the back roads took a while, so by the time we got there, was past 11:00. The travel agency ladies spent about 15 minutes oohing and ahhing over the cuteness that is the Moosh, and by the time we got out of there and drove to the Iranian store and finished our shopping it was almost 1:00. We were at least 30-40 minutes from the house (using the evil tollway, which costs a whopping $1.50 ONE WAY) and I didn't want to spend $1.50. I was also worried because it was dangerously close to naptime and we hadn't had lunch yet. Hmm, 40 minutes from home with a sleepy/hungry baby... MUST EAT OUT.

We went to the fabulously scrumptious Tasty Egg Roll, which is in Plano close to three companies I used to work for: PageNet (now Arch Wireless), Metricom, and Weblink Wireless. Yes, I enjoyed the tastiness of the Tasty Egg Roll many a time back in the day when I worked in Plano. I kind of hate the fact that Gigantic Telephone Company is not located in Plano. Every other telecom company in the metroplex is there. Gigantic Telephone Company obviously thinks it's better than those other telephone companies. Snob. Anyway, I had General Tso's Chicken, and the Moosh had a kid's meal of sweet and sour chicken. He ate 3 pieces of chicken and about 3 bites of rice. I stopped for lunch and paid $2.99 because I was afraid that he would go to sleep hungry and he ate 6 bites of food. Naturally.

We stopped in at the Tom Thumb next to the Tasty Egg Roll and got some onions and tomatoes for dinner. About 2 seconds into our drive home the Moosh was asleep.

I neglected to turn at the right place going home, so we spent about 20 minutes longer on the road. When we got home I moved the baby into bed, then I cleaned the kitchen and started dinner. After the Moosh woke up, he "helped" me cook, and I discovered that he had a new skill. His favorite part of cooking is shaking the salt/pepper/seasoning into the food. I let him do that, and then I put the cap back on the shaker and gave it to him to carry around. I then discovered his new skill: he learned how to open twist caps and dumped salt and pepper all over the living room. He is gifted. I wept tears of joy the whole time I was pulling out the vacuum cleaner. Since I had the vacuum cleaner out, I decided to vacuum the whole house. Then we played keep away with a balloon until R came home.

For those of you who like exotic dishes, you should try making some Iranian food. I've learned to make a few dishes that are fairly easy. This is a site with some good recipes. Last night I made Gormeh Sabzi and served it with basmati rice (prepared Iranian style). The husband raved and the baby ate two helpings.

So that was my "day off" from work. Soon I will write about how a woman's work is never done. I'm sure you are all holding your breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home