Random Outlaw

A blog about the randomness of life... and I am an outlaw.

Monday, February 14

Outside!

It is a beautiful day today, the first really warm day of the year so far. The boy and I had been going a little stir crazy because of the bad weather, so we took advantage and went to the park.

The large city park is about a mile from our house. I was going to walk it, but our umbrella stroller is at my parents' house, and the "travel system" stroller is really getting to small for the Moosh. If that isn't enough of an excuse not to walk, here's another one: I am lazy.

I wish someone had told us what a waste of money that travel system is. I guess it's different for everyone, but we used ours all of once, when we visited my husband's family in Iran last year. It was very convenient while we were traveling around Iran, but that was really the only time we used it. The rest of the time, it stays in the closet. I think we would have been better off buying an umbrella stroller and a separate car seat. When he was still small enough to use the travel system, he was also small enough to be carried, and that's what I did.

Anyhoo, we drove down to the park and we had a great time. We were both wearing long-sleeved shirts and it was too warm. There were lots of WASP-y SAHMs hanging around with their WASP-y kids. I hate being around other parents, especially where I live. The Moosh is very loving, and wants to hug everyone. However, apparently loving human contact doesn't fit with the park parents. The Moosh was standing near a little girl about his age and went to give her a hug and her mom jumped in there like he was trying to kill her and yelled "NO!" while giving me the evil eye. I told her that he likes to hug and she didn't say anything to me, and told her daughter that it was time to go home. Bitch. He wasn't trying to hurt her, he was going to hug her. I was standing right there. I wouldn't have let him do anything.

This was a minor fifteen second blip in an otherwise enjoyable 45 minutes. I guess that I will have to start a "no touching" rule at the park. I don't want to fight with people, but I don't want to discourage the Moosh from hugging either. Of course, this is the shiny side of the coin. When we go to less WASP-y parks the parents don't watch their kids and inevitably the bully will run around slapping everyone. I don't like imposing discipline on other people's children, but I will if I have to.

Can't we all just get along?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home