Random Outlaw

A blog about the randomness of life... and I am an outlaw.

Monday, January 31

Hot!

The Moosh's language skills are growing by leaps and bounds these days. His favorite word, is, of course, "No!" but he's got a few others that have significant and varied meanings.

Take "hot," for example. He understands that the stove is HOT and that freshly prepared food is HOT, but he also interprets the word HOT as meaning "you can't have it." This is understandable, as he is not allowed to touch the stove at all, and he has to wait for the food or drink in question to cool off before he gets it. However, since he interprets HOT as meaning "you can't have it," by extraction he also uses it to mean "I don't want it."

So all I hear for most of the day is "Hot! Hot!" New diaper? Hot. Food he doesn't want? Hot. Jacket before going outside? Hot!

I think that he thinks I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home