Random Outlaw

A blog about the randomness of life... and I am an outlaw.

Tuesday, February 15

Random Thoughts

Well Valentine's went pretty well here. I gave R a sweater and a box of chocolates and I gave the Moosh 2 sheets of Clifford the Big Red Dog Valentine stickers. I haven't gotten my gift yet, because it's dinner out and the only day we can do it is this Thursday. So I'm looking forward to that.

It is yet another beautiful day here so we made another trip to the park, but luckily there were only nice people there. Yesterday there was a bitch at the park. We didn't like her at all.

The Moosh has a tooth coming in and is refusing to eat anything but chips and crackers. I really don't get it. When I had braces (for 18 months and I was 22 when I got them) I had a lot of mouth pain issues, and I couldn't eat anything but soft foods. But the Moosh, he wants hard, salty foods. To each his own, I suppose. I worry when it seems like he doesn't eat. R is willing to sit there and shove food, bit by bit, into the Moosh's mouth. I don't have time for that, and I don't think forcing a child to eat is the best way to go. I figure that he'll eat if he's hungry.

The other day I had a startling moment when I realized that I didn't know exactly how old the Moosh was. He turned 20 months on February 10, but someone asked me how old he was and I had to stop and think. This is new. Up until now I had his exact age, down to the number of days, right on the tip of my tongue so that when someone asked me I could proudly spout off, "Eighteen months, two weeks, and three days." Horribly geeky, I know. The older he gets, though, it's just easier to say "He's almost two." Tempis fugit.

I Netflixed (via my brother) Garden State the other day. It's really good, but kind of depressing in a way. When the main character reveals why he left his home town (I won't spoil it for you) I felt like what a crappy thing to happen, but it's something that could happen to any of us. When I wasn't taking my thyroid medicine I was very paranoid about death or non-fatal-but-debilitating accidents happening to either me or R and the Moosh. That scene in Garden State reminded me of that paranoia.

Speaking of movies, the Director's Cut of Donnie Darko came out today. I will own it. It will be mine. If you haven't seen this movie: you must. It's like a stupidity test. If you like it but you don't understand it you're smart, but if you don't like it and you understand it you're stupid.

My DVR has stopped recording Stargate SG1. I guess it hates that show. Actually it just hates the last 20 minutes or so of each episode. It records everything else just fine. I was afraid it had a government controlled V-chip in it, and that the government was telling me not to watch my favorite show. I started to hate the government. Then I realized that I was probably watching too much sci fi stuff and my DVR was trying to get me to stop. But the DVR lets me watch Lost and Alias and they're kind of sci fi. I just don't get it. Maybe my DVR and I have stopped communicating effectively. I should take it out to dinner. I've considered getting a new DVR, but I don't want to hurt my current DVR's feelings. I wish it would tape my stuff though. Are we in an abusive relationship?

Randomness complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home