Random Outlaw

A blog about the randomness of life... and I am an outlaw.

Friday, March 4

Denial

In six days the Moosh and I will be heading to Iran to visit my in-laws.

I have not:

1. packed
2. bought 10 million things to entertain the baby
3. bought gifts for the family
4. procured another back pack for carry-on purposes
5. gotten a hair cut
6. gotten the baby a hair cut
7. bought all necessary medicines
8. cleaned my house
9. done laundry
10. arranged for the super shuttle

I have:

1. panicked about being the sole caregiver to a 21-month-old during 15 hours of flight time
2. wondered how many people the Moosh will hit with thrown objects
3. wondered how many people will ask to be moved after realizing they're sitting next to us

I think I probably need to focus on getting stuff for the trip rather than guessing about the events of the trip, but la, la, la, la. Whatever. I think I shall go into denial! Everything will be awesome! Toddlers love planes! Sure! Kids love being strapped into car seats for hours on end with nothing to do! It'll be great! Great, I tell you!

Maybe I should cut back on the bourbon. Hey! They have bourbon on planes! Alcohol is free on international flights! Maybe I can just slip some into the baby's sippy cup. Two for mommy, one for baby. That's a good boy!

Why am I doing this again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home