Random Outlaw

A blog about the randomness of life... and I am an outlaw.

Saturday, February 26

'Tis True

Every morning I take my thyroid medicine right after I wake up, so I don't forget. I have a very special alarm clock that is small and male and wakes me up by putting my glasses on my face for me. Bet you wish you had one. Another feature of this alarm clock is that he follows me into the kitchen and watches as I take my medicine. Then, invariably, he requests his payment for being an alarm clock by demanding "E-dee, e-dee!" I stare at him for a few seconds, initially thinking that he wants his Aunt A, but then realizing that he wants candy. So, of course, I give him some.

Now before you cast me into bad parent hell because the first thing that I give my son to eat in the morning is candy, let me inform you that what he thinks is candy are actually vitamins. I am a sneaky, sneaky mommy. One Flinstones my first vitamin and three vitamin C and echinacea gummy bears, to be exact. Hee. Toddlers are sooooo gullible.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Adults are so gullible...
    By tricking your kid into taking vitamins like that, you are not only making him think that eating candy is great, but you are also being manipulated by the companies that sell real candy... why do you think those vitamins are sold to look like candy?!
    Gosh! Young ones may be innocent, but adults sometimes are just plain fools.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said…

    Thanks for your input... as with most things blog, I was half-way joking. I never told him that the vitamins were candy, he actually just assumed they were. I just haven't bothered to correct him. I assure you that no child gets to the age of two without already knowing all about candy.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to do that too until one of my brother's kids found a vitamin bottle and almost overdosed on them...guess you can have to much iron in your system eh?

    He was fine though:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home