Random Outlaw

A blog about the randomness of life... and I am an outlaw.

Friday, March 25

His Poor Little Foot

The Moosh hurt his foot on Thursday evening. He was goofing around with this big beach ball and fell down, and we think he twisted his ankle. We took him to the doctor, but even after manipulating the foot every which way, they couldn't seem to find anything wrong. Well, except for the fact that he limps around like a little old man. It's so pathetic, to see this little figure hobble towards you. There's no swelling or discoloration, so I've been giving him some ibuprofen every 8 hours and that seems to help. I haven't told R, and I won't unless he's still favoring it when we get home. R gets upset (and blames me) if the Moosh so much as gets a barely noticeable scratch. I can already envision his rage over a hurt foot. I've got all interested parties on my side, so nobody's going to rat me out. I hope.

Let me catch you up on the last few days (besides the foot incident).

On Wednesday, we sat around for most of the day, but then we went to Tehran to visit BIL #2. Nobody told me in advance that we were going, so I didn't put the Moosh down for his nap early. He didn't get to sleep until we were already in the car. My husband's sister and mother had been staying with us at BIL #1's house in Karaj (about 40 minutes from Tehran), for the previous four days, but it was time for them to go home, so BIL #2 came up with his car so we could take everyone to Tehran. So it was me, the Moosh, BIL #1, and BIL #1's two sons in the first car, and BIL #2, Ammeh (my husband's sister), Mama (my husband's mother), and BIL #1's wife in the second car. We got to Tehran in about 45 minutes, and it took another 15 to get to BIL #2's house.... except it wasn't BIL #2's house, it was Ammeh and Mama's house. Uh, what?

It turns out that Ammeh and Mama weren't going with us to BIL #2's house. I had forgotten. I don't think that Ammeh and Mama get along with BIL #2's wife. This all would have been fine, except for the fact that Ammeh and Mama wanted us all to come up to their house and drink tea and sit around for a while, but the baby had only been asleep for 45 minutes. If we had gone directly to BIL #2's house, he would have gotten another 30 minutes at least. I was pissed. BIL #1 said that he would run up to Ammeh's apartment and tell them that we were going to BIL #2's house. Great. So son #1 and I waited in the car while BIL went up to the apartment. We probably waited for about 7 minutes (far longer than it should have taken for him to get up there and back), and the Moosh woke up because the car was stopped. I was afraid this would happen. And where the hell was BIL? We went up to the apartment, and there he was, sitting on his ass, drinking tea. The Moosh started to cry. I got even more pissed. When the baby is tired, all he wants is for me to carry him and walk around. Not sit, walk. He is very heavy, and I get very tired.

So there I am, walking the floor, and everyone else is sitting there having Chatty Cathy time. Of course they kept offering me tea and whatever, and I was getting more and more pissed. Finally, we let for BIL #2's house.

BIL #2 lives with his wife and four children in a 600 sq. ft. apartment. I kid you not. The kids played with the Moosh for awhile, and, thankfully, he cheered up. I was so happy. I had envisioned an evening of screaming Moosh and tired Lisa. They were having beef kebab for dinner, so they offered to get me a cheese pizza. That was fine. One person left to get the kebabs, and BIL #1's two sons and one of BIL #2's sons went to get the pizza. We waited and waited and waited and waited. I asked BIL #1 if they'd gone to Siberia to get pizza. He said that instead of going to the close pizza place, they went to one far away because the pizza was better. I pointed out to him that cheese pizza is just cheese and bread, and certainly doesn't warrant an hour-long excursion. He agreed, but said that BIL #2's son wanted to go to the far away pizza place. Whatever. It was now 8:30 PM, and the virtually napless Moosh was becoming cranky.

They finally got back with the pizza just as BIL #2 got back with the kebabs. Chicken kebabs. Which I could have eaten. Crap. Whatever. So, the world's best pizza? Was the worst pizza I have ever eaten. That includes all of the Iranian pizza I have had. Iranian pizza is different, but palatable. But this pizza was awful. It had peas on it, people. Peas. On pizza. EWWWWW. Then we finally got to go home.

The pizza didn't agree with the Moosh and he kept me (and the rest of the house) up all night crying. He was fine, but very tired the next morning. So Thursday we didn't do anything. Except for the foot thing. See above.

On Friday we went to Tehran again to visit BIL #1's wife's brother's family. It was fun. They have a lot of kids around my age, and BIL #1's son's ages. The Moosh had a blast. We had lunch at another of that family's kid's house. She made chicken kebab especially for me. Nice. It was very good. Everybody was hanging out and playing cards and generally having fun. They invited us to stay the night, but all our stuff was still in Karaj, so I declined. After we left, we went to the shah's palace. It is now a museum and it was pretty cool. Then we went home.

As soon as we got home there was a flurry of activity as BIL #1's sons got ready to go back to Tehran and stay with their uncle's family (the ones we'd just visited). I probably should have packed up the Moosh and gone with them, especially because I was invited, and those two guys keep the Moosh happy. He loves them. Also, the older son is my interpreter, and the took the only car. With our car seat in it. Crap. I should have gone with them. They're coming back tonight, though.

Only four days left, then we get to GO HOME. So happy. So very, very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home